Re: IMAP, POP3, FC1 vs FC3

Well, seeing how I didn't go to FC2 and I only went to FC3 b/c I built a new system I think as long as they support FC1 I just may go back to it. My thing is. If it isn't broke why try to fix it. Maybe there were some flaws in imapd that I didn't know of but I was able to use it VERY easily. With dovecot I have been reading you have to reformat the way you use your mail and mail 'folders'. My inbox is in /var/spool/mail/user and my 'folders' which are only files are under ~/mail and that worked. And since it was imapd that was working then I guess I will go back to that. I've tried following the comments and various pages I've found and I have not been able to get pop or imap to work.