Re: Original message vs. Reply-To fedora-list messages

David Curry wrote:

James McKenzie wrote:

David Curry wrote:

I replied to a message yesterday and read that message today as distributed by the list and was startled to see a smiley face in the text I composed in place of the :) I had written. I did not find any html coding in the message source. I guess the e-mail reader is translating the source into html.

This is a function of your mail reader. I think that it can be turned off and I refer you to the help included with your mail reader on how to do this, as I like the 'smileys'.

Thanks, Jin. I do not mind the 'smileys' in the least. Rather, the appearance of the graphical in what I thought was a text message startled, and raised concerns in my mind about sending unintended html messages to the list.

The smiley isn't the only thing. You may also notice that Thunderbird makes text appears as bold if between asterisks, like *this*. Links also appear as html links, and usually work as such, even in a text message. These are just the ones I noticed.

--
Gustavo Seabra - Graduate Student