Anyone know of any Linux Auto CAD programs?

-----Original Message----- From: fedora-list-bounces@xxxxxxxxxx [mailto:fedora-list-bounces@xxxxxxxxxx] On Behalf Of Gain Paolo Mureddu Sent: Thursday, January 27, 2005 5:49 PM To: James Marcinek; For users of Fedora Core releases Subject: Re: Anyone know of any Linux Auto CAD programs? James Marcinek wrote:

Is anyone using any Auto CAD programs for linux. I'd be interested in both

Open

Source and commercial based solutions.

Thanks,

James

If you're interested in a light architectural package, you might want to look at CYCAS from http://www.cycas.de/. If you've used AutoCAD, the learning curve with CYCAS is a short one and more or less intuitive. While the light version is free, I believe the "Professional" one is available for well under US $100 and includes a much more extensive library and more of the features found in AutoCAD or Chief Architect, both of which are very expensive. Very easy to install and no configuration issues in FC1.

--
le Fureteur