Re: Why do I need mDNSResponder/howl?

On Friday 14 January 2005 08:36 am, Rodolfo J. Paiz wrote:
> And no, we cannot and will not assume that EVERYONE must reconfigure
> services after install, damnit. We can and will search for the optimal

 Another true story about my talk with a very experienced Microsoft engineer
(about three years ago):

 1. If our users would read our documentation, they could turn off unneeded
items and secure our products. It's not our fault.
 2. Users won't read the documentation to turn on what they need, so we have
to ship with everything turned on.

 Any fundamental logic flaws with that decision process?

 BTW, I'm honestly not trying to start fights here--I'm trying to (a)
understand WHY certain decisions were made, (b) explore the logic behind
those decisions for flaws, and most importantly to me, (c) understand what
*I* can do to configure MY system without breaking things.