Re: Why do I need mDNSResponder/howl?

On Fri, 2005-01-14 at 10:36 -0600, Rodolfo J. Paiz wrote:

> Don't pick on the man, he's got a point. More and more things are
> getting installed as time goes on, and while some of those are needed
> some are bloat. For routers, firewalls, and servers, I routinely remove
> nearly 40% of the installed packages... *don't* tell me that all those
> packages were needed, that's ridiculous. Questioning the status quo is
> always valid, since that's how we make progress.

You are correct. My apologies. Must have been my evil twin. To tell you
the truth, I miss the full custom install option from RH9. I, too,
eliminate a tremendous amount of stuff that I neither need nor want
(packages and in the kernel).
Total Quality Management - A Commitment to Excellence
http://www.TQMcube.com