Re: system-config-network won't stick

This is exactly what I did (and I am using a plain vanilla Realtek 8139 card, which never gave me any problem). Again, I was able to make the change, save the config, and everything would work fine until I reboot the system, then it would revert back to the previous config.

jim lawrence wrote:

click you device that you want to be active, click the edit button in
the new window, under the General tab there is a little box that is
unchecked and says Activate device when computer starts. now click
ok, and select your other device, and follow the same steps if you
want that one activated or deactivated. Remember to do a File and
then Save because your changing the profile of the devices.