Re: system-config-network won't stick

On Tue, 11 Jan 2005 09:17:17 -0500, Scot L. Harris <webid@xxxxxxxxxx> wrote:
> On Tue, 2005-01-11 at 02:29, Amy M wrote:
> > During FC3 installation, I selected eth1 to be activated during
> > booting.  Now I want eth0 to be active, so I used system-config-network
> > to check the profile box for eth0 and unchecked eth1.
> >
> > However, when I reboot the system, eth1 remains activated and eth0 still
> > inactive.  How can I make this selection stick?  Thanks.
>
> Are these cards by chance pcmcia cards?  If so you will probably find
> that the activate during boot option does not do anything for you.  When
> pcmcia services startup any pcmcia network cards will be started
> auto-magically.  What is even worse is in the past I found that if you
> told it to start at boot time pcmcia cards would NOT start since the
> network services piece starts before pcmcia services and everything gets
> fubared.
>
> At present about all you can do is tell the system NOT to start a pcmcia
> network interface and let it start when pcmcia services run.
>
> Those with multiple pcmcia cards are stuck.
>
> It is broken, has been for a long time.
>
> --
> Scot L. Harris
> webid@xxxxxxxxxx
>
> Revenge is a meal best served cold.
>
> --

click you device that you want to be active,  click the edit button in
the new window, under the General tab   there is a little box that is
unchecked  and says  Activate device when computer starts.   now click
ok,   and select your other device, and follow the same steps if you
want that one activated or deactivated.   Remember to do a File and
then Save  because your changing the profile of the devices.
--

Still Learning Linux
Still HaTE Microsoft

jim lawrence