Re: Problem starting iptables on FC3

Jeff Vian wrote:

1. Install your fwbuilder script and verify it using iptables -L to see
the settings.
2. Save those settings to /etc/sysconfig/iptables using "service
iptables save".

This is a good idea, Jeff, and one I admit I didn't think of.

The alternative to this approach is likely that you added into some
script such as rc.local a command to run the fwbuilder script.

Yes, that's exactly what I did. I agree with Jeff's advice for integrating an fwbuilder script into the standard FC startup.