Re: General request .. Dismal performance of core 3 ..

On Mon, 2004-12-20 at 12:09 -0500, Sundara Pandian wrote:
> All,
> This is a general request to Fedora developers and administrators,
> Pl work on improving the performance of the OS, We were very disappointed in
> the
> core 3 performance, We have core 3 , suse9.1 and redhat es running on 3 seperate
> machines with same hardware.
> Core 3 is almost twice as slow as suse9.1 in terms of performance (boot,

Hi Sundara,

Like a lot of Free and Open Source software, Fedora is a *community*
project.  So in some very real sense you're much more likely to get more
out of it if you can figure out how to put something useful into it.

In that spirit, could you describe which benchmarks you've run and what
the results were?  For instance, what basis are you using to decide that
FC3 is "almost twice as slow"?

If you'd really like to see this issue addressed, then you should create
a *reproducible* benchmark that measures the things you care about and
then work with people to figure out how to improve performance on that
benchmark.

Ed

--
Edward H. Hill III, PhD