Re: LILO config problems

GRUB is way more flexible than LILO, can even have spaces in the titles of your stanza's! WOW, lol, Don't need to reinstall it to change it, etc., unlike LILO, Doesnt have near the trouble that I used to have with SCSI on LILO. Anyway, didn't want to start a flame but I started using GRUB because RH and now Fedora seemed to prefer it, much like GNOME and I thought they must see something good in there choices and since he is using Fedora, I gave what seemed like logical advise, IMHO.

Aleksandar Milivojevic wrote:

Cyber Source wrote:

I would NOT use the windows loader. Boot the box with either disk 1 or the rescue cd, mount the system, from the prompt type "grub-install /dev/hda" without the quotes, assuming you have an IDE drive set as master on the first channel. Then check /boot/grub/grub.conf to make sure that your linux is in one of the stanza's.

Interesting. He asks specifically about LILO (it's in the subject line). And all the answers he got (other than mine) was hot to fix Grub ;-)

-- cybersource.us 115 Richfield Road Williamsville, New York 14221 716-553-8525