Re: LILO config problems

Cyber Source wrote:
GRUB is way more flexible than LILO, can even have spaces in the titles of your stanza's! WOW, lol, Don't need to reinstall it to change it, etc., unlike LILO, Doesnt have near the trouble that I used to have with SCSI on LILO. Anyway, didn't want to start a flame but I started using GRUB because RH and now Fedora seemed to prefer it, much like GNOME and I thought they must see something good in there choices and since he is using Fedora, I gave what seemed like logical advise, IMHO.

Sure, each to his own.

There are things Grub is better than LILO, and things LILO is better than Grub. Given that LILO is not default choice, OP probably choosen it for a reason. I usually give advice for the boot loader people ask (be it Grub or LILO), and suggest different one only when there's an advantage of using it (for example LILO handles mirrored boot partitions in simpler way than Grub does). I prefer LILO, but you can find many posts of mine where I helped out people with Grub problems (suggesting LILO as alternative only where it made sense, but only suggesting, not as the only way to go). My comment was more along the lines that I don't uderstand why people are so religious about choice of boot loader ;-)

--
Aleksandar Milivojevic <amilivojevic@xxxxxx>    Pollard Banknote Limited