Re: Fedora Project launches Pre-Extras

On Friday 17 December 2004 14:52, Satish Balay wrote:

> > Sorry to be dense but can I add this to Synaptic? I did add it as a repo
> > (all one line) Synaptic doesn't complain but I don't see the packages
>
> Nope..
>
> You chould have checked the above url - to see if the 'apt' metadata
> was there or not.

Yep, you've got a point I was trying the old "hit it hard enough and it should
fit" theory :-(

> So far Fedora hasn't provoied 'apt' metadata for any of the
> repositories.  Only some mirror sites have been generating this for
> your use.

I'm not sure I follow what your saying? are you talking specifically about
pre-extras? I get everything else via dag, freshrpms, dries & newrpms

I have had a look at the rpms I could just download them and install but I
like Synaptic and want to keep everything under one roof.

--
Regards
Peter Cannon