Suspend to RAM

In a recent review article, it was mentioned that the "Suspend to RAM" feature works right out of the box for SuSE 9.2, but needed a lot of tweaking (including recompiling the kernel), as well as special scrip, for FC3.

I consider the "Suspend to RAM" a very important feature for laptops. (The author of that article even joked that perhaps none of the FC3 developers use a laptop.) For a while (since I am using Fedora exclusively now), I thought the "Suspend to RAM" feature is only available in Windows (2K and XP). The fact that it works in SuSE indeed gives me a lot of hope that it will eventually work in FC.

I did a search on the suspend to RAM and Fedora, but nothing useful came up. Does anyone have any experience on this subject? Thanx.