Re: CD burning doesn't work - scsi emulation?..

On Mon, Dec 13, 2004 at 01:04:05PM +1300, Greg Trounson wrote:
> But it seems nobody told that to xcdroast.
>
> Cyber Source wrote:
> >scsi emulation went bye-bye with the 2.6 kernels........not needed.
> >
> >akonstam@xxxxxxxxxxx wrote:

> >>With xcdroast I also get this message that SCSI emulation should be
> >>used. I have followed the directions and could not make it work. I
> >>just leave it as an ATAPI drive and the writing of CD's work without
> >>problem. Use Create CD -> master tracks . After you chose the files
> >>you want to write then choose the files to write, then use create
> >>session image and write on the fly.

CD writing works for me in FC2 by the system I outlined above.
xcdroast gives you the warning message about writing being faster with
SCSI emulation but SCSI emulation is not needed.

Old Mother Hubbard went to the cupboard
To fetch her poor daughter a dress.
When she got there, the cupboard was bare
And so was her daughter, I guess...
Aaron Konstam
Computer Science
Trinity University