Re: Mail server upgrade

Alexander Dalloz wrote:
Am Mo, den 29.11.2004 schrieb Paul Michael Reilly um 6:33:
As near as I can tell, it looks like all I need to do is save the current sendmail configuration, the current /var/spool/mail/* files, install FC3 fresh, restore the sendmail config and /var/spool/mail/* files, enable and configure dovecot per the wiki migration notes and then reconnect the system to the net. And it will work like a charm. :-)

The changes from Sendmail 8.12 (RH9) to Sendmail 8.13 (FC3) aren't that
big. So you should be able to keep the sendmail.mc as it is. Just be
sure that a "make -C /etc/mail" will not spit out any errors on the FC3
system.
Keep care to preserve the UIDs/GIDs of your system user accounts. Else
you will have to change ownerships by hand on the spool mboxes.
Yes, following all advices from the dovecot Wiki will bring you safe
from point A to point B.

I think something has changed to tighten the constraints on UID values below 500. I have accounts with UIDs below 500 who are not receiving mail whereas others are. Can you point me at some explanation for this behavior and recommended remedies?

Thanks,

-pmr