Re: Mail server upgrade

Am Mo, den 29.11.2004 schrieb Paul Michael Reilly um 19:17:

> > You run a web shop and use a Challenge/Response system for mailing? This
> > is practical?
>
> No to both: I do not run a web shop and a challenge/response system is
> not practical.  It did a great job at pruning incoming spam but put off
> a number of people, mail lists and organizations.  So I am looking for a
> better solution.

Ok :) Then I misunderstood you. I took your sentence "someone like
myself who is running a small shop and wants to have a" as if you would
run this shop online. So I was surprised about the C/R statement. Please
don't mind.

> > I have very good experience by running Sendmail along with ClamAV-milter
> > (anti-virus protection) and SpamAssassin (spam classification, bound to
> > Sendmail using MimeDefang). milter-spamc is too a very good tool to
> > integrate SA into SM mail stream.
>
> I may try this approach.  If you have a reference that would be useful.
>   If not, I'll google ClamAV-milter and milter-spamc.  I've not heard of
> these before.  Thanks for your input.  What is SA and SM?

http://www.fedoranews.org/contributors/ron_goulard/clamav
  once written for FC1, but still valid in basics (btw. I am using the
http://crash.fce.vutbr.cz/crash-hat/3/clamav/ packages on my FC mail
servers)

http://www.milter.info/milter-spamc/index.shtml
  if problems/questions occur feel free to ask

SA stands for SpamAssassin
SM stands for (no, not sado-maso :) SendMail

> -pmr

Alexander

Fedora GNU/Linux Core 2 (Tettnang) on Athlon kernel 2.6.9-1.6_FC2smp
Serendipity 19:51:52 up 9 days, 14:39, load average: 0.63, 0.54, 0.47