Re: What happened to gqview

Robin Laing wrote:
I will agree with this. The one thing that is required for many "NEW" users is the GUI and a configured yum.conf file.

FC3 *does* come with a configured yum.conf file, complete with pointer to a mirrorlist so that everyone's not trying to download everything from download.fedora.redhat.com.

A new user file with an icon on the desktop would also be a great idea with common answers such as how to get mp3 and DVD's to play on Fedora.

Wouldn't that mean an official endorsement of one of the "unofficial" repos?

> It is common for
people to keep asking the same quesitions within the lists.

True; given though that so many people can't be bothered to read the release notes, which are prominently advertised by anaconda during the install/upgrade process, I suspect the same questions would continue to be asked.

Paul.