Re: OT: fighting rbl's

On Tue, 2004-11-30 at 23:20, Aleksandar Milivojevic wrote:
> John Burton wrote:
> > The original poster mentioned he was on a dialup line, which
> > implies dynamic IP addresses.
>
> No.  He explicitly said he has static IP address, and that this IP
> address is often incorrectly listed as dial-up address.  That is the
> only piece of information present in his original posting.
Assuming that his original post comes from the same IP he's talking
about, this seems like an either wrong information or unlucky/stupid
case. Seems that all IPs around him are dial-up IPs of his ISP,
chello.at. And chello.at seems not to be liked by BLs, probably because
they have outgoing SMTP open and hence nurture spammers. I'd conclude
that in a first instance it would be up to chello.at to do something
about their reputation they've earned in the net! (I'm connected through
an ISP which was not long ago one of the most notorious one rgd causing
spam traffic, especially because of their ignorance rgd abusing
customers. But since BLs have gone a hard line against this ISP, the
people in charge quickly realized that they had to change if they wanted
to stay alive. They've blocked outgoing SMTP, closed their
mail-relays,... Shortly after, the BLs started removing the ISP and
since then I have no more trouble sending mail -- except the fact that
their mail server imposes a 2MB limit/mail on me). So again, find the
root cause & solve it or you'll be fighting an up-hill battle for
long...

--
HaJo Schatz <hajo@xxxxxxxx>
http://www.HaJo.Net