Re: 2 DNS, one machine

Scot L. Harris wrote:

> For a home LAN I would recommend you utilize /etc/host files to manage
your addresses instead of a DNS.  Just configure your /etc/resolv.conf
files to point to your ISPs DNS servers.

The ASDL router-modem that I have can be configured to run DNS services for clients on the internal network, but I have my doubts about this; it seems to fall out on a regular basis and I recently reconfigured my setup to use the ISP DNS servers instead. Do you have any experience with these router-based DNS options? Are they a viable alternative?