2 DNS, one machine

Is it possible (pratical) to run 2 domain name servers on one linux box (with one processor)?

I'm installing FC2 to be a server for small home network but I would like to connect to the internet occasionally for updates and such and I need to assign an IP address now while installing. RFC 1597 suggests two DNS as a solution for this situation.

Do I only need to use one of the addresses assigned for private networks in RFC 1597? It wasn't clear to me when I read the spec if these addresses are reserved globally for private networks or if DNSs connected to the internet always need an assigned IP address.

TIA,
Bruce

No banners. No pop-ups. No kidding.