Re: trying to update to "new" ATI drivers killed X on my FC2

Ah, thank you all! Yes, I can't believe what a n00b I am, after more than a
year of using FC (and many years tinkering with red hat) I didn't know enough
to just go looking for an old backup of the xorg.conf file.

That was the advice I needed. Thanks, X and KDE are back up and running. I'll
forget about getting good graphics performance from this machine and just
accept that I made the wrong choice buying a laptop with an ATI card. Next
time I'll shop around for the best linux machine rather than the cheapest
deal. :-)

--
Trevor Smith // trevor@xxxxxxxxxxxxxx