special install situation

I am trying to install FC2 on a box that now has win95. The cdrom install gets as far as "running /sbin/loader" where it pauses for a while then prints "Call Trace" and a bunch of memory addresses with names suggesting that it can't get the cdrom started again and then it kernel panics with message:

"fatal exception in interrupt in interrupt handler. no syncing"

I've tried using the boot manager referred to on the fedora FAQ page but the documentation is poor and I couldn't manage to make a boot floppy from it.

I also have an FC2 box and both have nics but I haven't found any instructions how to install over a network.

I'm stuck! Any suggestions?

Thanks,
Bruce

No banners. No pop-ups. No kidding.