Re: Cannot open remote GUI with Fedora 3

From: Alexander Dalloz <ad+lists@xxxxxxxxx>
To: For users of Fedora Core releases <fedora-list@xxxxxxxxxx>
Subject: Re: Cannot open remote GUI with Fedora 3
Date: Wed, 24 Nov 2004 04:59:47 +0100

Am Mi, den 24.11.2004 schrieb Jinming Xu um 4:50:

> I just installed FC3 on my machine and encountered a problem in opening
> remote GUI. I attempted to run some programs with GUI on a remote machine
> after I connected to it with SSH from my local FC3 machine. But the GUI
> cannot be displayed on my local machine. As usual I firstly ran "xhost
> +remotemachine" on my local machine. Then I logged into the remote machine
> and ran "setenv DISPLAY localmachine:0.0" there before I attempted to run
> the GUI program. This all worked well with my previous FC2. But somehow
> it's no longer working with FC3. Are there any tricks with this? Or is
> there a bug with FC3 on this issue?

> Jinming

No expert needed: http://fedora.redhat.com/docs/release-notes/fc3/x86/
  --> read about the OpenSSH changes!

In addition see the OpenSSH FAQ:

http://www.openssh.com/faq.html#3.13

Alexander

-- Alexander Dalloz | Enger, Germany | new address - new key: 0xB366A773 legal statement: http://www.uni-x.org/legal.html Fedora GNU/Linux Core 2 (Tettnang) on Athlon kernel 2.6.9-1.6_FC2smp Serendipity 04:59:32 up 3 days, 23:47, load average: 0.05, 0.45, 0.55 << signature.asc >> -- fedora-list mailing list fedora-list@xxxxxxxxxx To unsubscribe: http://www.redhat.com/mailman/listinfo/fedora-list

Alexander,

Thanks a lot for your information. The problem has been solved after reading the documentation you gave. In addition, I found DISPLAY of remote host needs not to be set anymore. Actually I cannot open the GUI if I set it to my local display. Do you have any idea of this?

Thanks,
Jinming