Re: KMail - can I collect mail from machine on LAN?

Scot L. Harris wrote:

> You can try what I have setup.  I have a desktop system that contains my
> mailbox accounts.  From my laptop I use ssh to connect to the desktop
> and run evolution.  The display is sent to the laptop.  I expect kmail
> can be used the same way.

I certainly could "ssh -Y" into my desktop,
run KMail on the desktop and read it on my laptop.
I take it that is the suggestion?
But I'd prefer to get the email transferred to my laptp if possible.

I'm beginning to suspect that the simplest way to get what I want
(which may seem a bit strange)
is to run an IMAP or POP3 server on the desktop.
I had sort of hoped I could just give a "local" address in KMail -
something like 192.168.1.1://var/spool/mail -
but it seems that is wishful thinking.

--
Timothy Murphy
tel: +353-86-2336090, +353-1-2842366