Re: Integration of SpamAssassin with Evolution 1.4

A. Lanza wrote:

[ snip ]

I've noticed that fetching mail is much more slowly this way than
before, but it's not because of processing time taken by SpamAssassin,
processor usage stays low. Anybody have an idea of what could be
happening?

Regardless of what you're seeing in top, filtering every message through spamc is going to take some wallclock time. You might try adding the -s 262144 (or some other sane number) to your rule to ensure that messages with file attachments/overly long HTML messages are not filtered through SpamAssassin. The ideal way to run SpamAssassin is at the mail server itself, via a procmail recipe. I'm assuming that because you set the rules in Evolution that this option is not available to you. You may want to consider a fetchmail/procmail combination to preprocess your messages, and then read them out of the local spool with Evolution.

Brian
--
Brian Richardson
Software Developer