Re: Integration of SpamAssassin with Evolution 1.4

On Mon, 2004-11-22 at 15:49, A. Lanza wrote:
> I read an article explaining how to integrate SpamAssassin with
> Evolution 1.4 and decided to try it. I'm running SpamAssassin as a
> daemon (spamd) and filtering mail using a rule that pipes the messages
> to SpamAssassin client (spamc -c) and checks for the return code to
> clasify messages as spam or not.
>
> I've noticed that fetching mail is much more slowly this way than
> before, but it's not because of processing time taken by SpamAssassin,
> processor usage stays low. Anybody have an idea of what could be
> happening?

I personally don't think it's fetchmail. because during fetchmail
invocation, you are not passing the mails to spamassassin. It's only
when you open up Evolution and starts the filtering process does it
invove spamassassin.

Short answer, I've not idea, unless you're doing it differently

--
Ow Mun Heng
Gentoo/Linux on D600 1.4Ghz