Re: root@localhost

Am Sa, den 20.11.2004 schrieb Doug Carter um 17:32:

> This is my first try with Fedora Core or Linux for that mater.
> I started with a clean Hard drive. The Media check druing install passed the disc I had downloaded and burned. I selected
> ,Personal Desk Top, Auto Partion, and the Minimal package group (I've only downloaded the first disc-FC3-i386-disc1.iso )
> Everything loaded fine, on the first boot after install all the lines had a [ OK  ] at the end of them.
>
> Now this is my probem;
> The screen comes up looking like I've shown below in comand line form.

> What do I do from here?

The question is: what do you want to reach?

> nothing I've tried will get me any farther.
> I've read through the manuals and can not find any help for this problem

What kind of problem? Even your subject line says nothing.

> Doug Carter

You will have to tell us what your aims are. Do you want to install
software? Do you want to learn working with the shell? Is your problem
that your host has the name localhost?

Alexander

Fedora GNU/Linux Core 2 (Tettnang) on Athlon kernel 2.6.9-1.6_FC2smp
Serendipity 18:12:01 up 12:59, 16 users, 0.01, 0.14, 0.17