Re: List etiquette question

On Thu, 18 Nov 2004 08:54:10 -0600, Aleksandar Milivojevic
<amilivojevic@xxxxxx> wrote:
> Shaffer Paul wrote:
> > It appears to me, someone (or some subset of the group) is attempting to "establish" a custom.  This friction has cropped up quite frequently here.  Evidently there is some significant dissent on the topic, so I personally view claim to right or wrong with strong skepticism, adhereing to the "each his own" philosophy.
>
> It is not some group of people attempting to establish a custom.  The
> custom was established in the very early days of Internet (you know,
> Internet and email existed long time before term "the web" was
> invented).  Basically, that "group of people" is just trying to defend
> something good.
>
> Interesting statistical note:  Most people that ask questions are
> top-posters.  Most people who give good answers are bottom-posters.
> Tells something ;-)

To put it bluntly you are much more likely to get a kinder, gentler,
more accurate and helpful response if you don't top post.

Consider the number of post to this list alone and then consider that
all the help is freely given... Who gets the most help the convoluted
top posted plea for help or the easily understood request.  Which one
gets deleted with out a response more often?

--
Leonard Isham, CISSP
Ostendo non ostento.