Re: List etiquette question

Shaffer Paul wrote:
It appears to me, someone (or some subset of the group) is attempting to "establish" a custom. This friction has cropped up quite frequently here. Evidently there is some significant dissent on the topic, so I personally view claim to right or wrong with strong skepticism, adhereing to the "each his own" philosophy.

It is not some group of people attempting to establish a custom. The custom was established in the very early days of Internet (you know, Internet and email existed long time before term "the web" was invented). Basically, that "group of people" is just trying to defend something good.

Interesting statistical note: Most people that ask questions are top-posters. Most people who give good answers are bottom-posters. Tells something ;-)

--
Aleksandar Milivojevic <amilivojevic@xxxxxx>    Pollard Banknote Limited