Re: FC3 boot problem

On Sun, 2004-11-14 at 20:14 +0200, Mustafa Orkun wrote:
> Well people.can't anyone really help me?
> i have posted the problem several times.but no one has replied.
> my problem is after installing FC3 (and could achieve the mediacheck
> with the "linux ide=nodma" command) GRUB failed to boot.and after i
> rewrote the mbr with WinXp cd.and can now use Xp.

I'd suggest booting into the rescue mode and installing grub on your
Linux root partition (/dev/sda2), then using bootpart
(http://www.winimage.com/bootpart.htm) in Windows to generate a boot
sector file that will chain-load grub from the Windows boot menu.
Bootpart will also add the appropriate entry to your boot.ini file
whilst it's at it.

Paul.
--
Paul Howarth <paul@xxxxxxxxxxxx>