RE: Upgrading from FC1 to FC2

-----Original Message-----
From: fedora-list-bounces@xxxxxxxxxx
[mailto:fedora-list-bounces@xxxxxxxxxx] On Behalf Of Jim Higson
Sent: Monday, November 08, 2004 2:17 PM
To: For users of Fedora Core releases
Subject: Re: Upgrading from FC1 to FC2

On Monday 08 Nov 2004 17:37, Drew, Bill wrote:
> What is the Fedora Core 2 repository addresses so I can add them to
> /etc/yum.conf?

If you are familiar with synaptic (you mentioned it) you might want to
use apt
(which synaptic is a front end to)

Btw, FC3 is out now, maybe worth considering missing out 2?

I am familiar with synaptic but what would I need to do to access the
files to install Core 2 or Core 3?   What repositories do I access or
add to synaptic?  I find the websites and ftp sites for the Linux
distributions to be very confusing and not user friendly for us newbies.

Bill Drew