Re: FC1 Users: Sample .... One more problem

Very odd -- the only SeaMonkey section I found, way at the bottom, is
already commented out. And I only copied & pasted, not trusting my
trifocal eyeballs, arthritic fingers, nor defective command of linux to
change anything at all in the file on your website.

That's likely because the SeaMonkey release has made its way to the FC1 repos by this point. At the time I used that repo to update moz, that wasn't the case.

[...]

I'll go look. I note that your sample has Dag's site, commented out, under Alternate Repositories. Does that mean, if I install an rpm from him for galeon (which may be what I have, for all I know; memory like a sieve ...), that I won't be able to do updates on it even if somebody finds a security flaw?

Some users have reported conflicts when mixing repos, but ymmv. Dag's rpm's have worked fine for me -- but I don't hit that repo with yum, rather I go to Dag's site and grab the specific rpm that I'm after. (His java jre and moz plugin for the jre are two excellent examples.)

I do my mail with pine, and usenet with Pan, and (blessed retirement!) no
calendaring at all, at all. So I want the leanest browser-only software I
can find. (I tried epiphany, and couldn't live with its dictatorial
bookmarking.) Even Firefox seems dead slow at present ....

Slow in what sense? Slow to open? render a page? Firefox, Moz, Konq, Galeon and Epiphany all seem quick enough here. Can you describe further?

Clint

Many thanks!