Re: FC1 Users: Sample yum.conf for Fedora Legacy Updates

On Tuesday 28 September 2004 10:23 am, Beartooth wrote:
> Very very dumb question : does that mean those of us near Georgia can
> simply replace the yum.conf we've been using with this one? The only
> editor I know is pico, which apparently does bad things to ends of lines
>
> --
> Beartooth Autodidact, curmudgeonly codger learning linux
> Remember I know precious little of what I'm talking about!

My best answer is "probably" but I don't believe the Fedora Legacy repos are
fully set up yet. So I'd recommend hanging loose for a week or so to watch
for some follow-up about this yum.conf. In any case, I'd recommend saving
your current yum.conf so you can fall back on it "just in case." For example,
I have a backup copy of my old yum.conf saved using this:

# cp /etc/yum.conf /etc/yum_prelegacy.conf

I'll keep poking at this sample yum.conf and will keep the list updated with
how it's going. If there are others interested in helping develop it, feel
free to experiment and post what you find!

Clint