Re: PS on exclusion Re: FC1 Users: Sample .... One more problem

Thanks to a hint in another post on this list, I tried (like a porcupine
making love) putting "exclude=galeon" into the main section of my yum.conf
-- and it *still* languishes in dependency hell! Should I maybe try
exclude=mozilla?? Or have I just modified yum.conf wrong? Or what?

Using exclude=galeon will prevent *galeon* from being updated but if you upgrade mozilla, then galeon would have to be removed (which is a change from its current state). That's why you're getting the notice.

Try galeon out as a browser -- if you like it then you can just keep using it, and leave moz alone by placing exclude=mozilla* in the main section of yum.conf.

If you don't like galeon, then remove it with yum remove galeon, and then mozilla will update via yum update mozilla*.

The SeaMonkey repo was in there some time ago -- I used it to get the freshest version of mozilla before it hit the FC1 repos.

Hope this helps,
Clint