Re: OT Why is everyone so grouchy?

On Fri, 2004-10-22 at 08:09, linux r wrote:

> Speaking for myself, I am stressed out because I have to hear a LOT of
> political crap all day long that I don't agree with.  Stuff that isn't
> true.  Stuff that is 100% emotional.  I can't WAIT for this contract
> to end... Maybe I'll move to Montana for the month of November....  :)

    Don't overlook Maine, either.  Sure, it's cold, but the people there
are real, the school systems are OUTSTANDING...

    For example, in DC they pay $11,000 per student per year and a grat
number of people can't even read.  In Maine, near the Hult Academy,
they're paying $1000 per year per student per year, and THEY HAVE
LAPTOPS INSTEAD OF SCHOOL BOOKS.  Not just that, they education they get
is superb...they're number 1-2 in the nation or so.

    ...proving again that throwing money at the problem does not solve
it.

    Wait....this is Fedora;  let's cut this out and move on.  Sorry!

Brian FahrlÃnder                  Christian, Conservative, and Technomad
Evansville, IN                                 http://www.fahrlander.net
ICQ 5119262
AIM: WheelDweller