Re: OT Why is everyone so grouchy?

On Fri, 2004-10-22 at 00:24, Micheal wrote:
> Looking over the posts in the past few days, I've noticed a tone
> between certain people on this list that was a little less than
> congenial.
> While I am not the "List Police" nor am I trying to curtail anyone's
> freedom of expression, I would like to ask that all non-Fedora related
> flames be taken off the list and settled via private e-mail.  Yes I
> know how to filter email, and yes I know how to block posts, but with
> the volume of this list being as heavy at it is I can see no benefit
> to anyone with posts like, "You're a jerk" or "You are a Bush/Kerry
> supporter, you are a tard".  Maybe it is the US election that has got
> everyone so jumpy.  No matter what happens Nov 2. I'll move on and get
> over it.

    Yeah, amongst the Americans, it's the election. Almost every member
of the media is for Kerry, and 80% of the people aren't liberal. (Those
generally outside NYC, LA, DC).  And so many people learn their politics
from a few seconds of CNN instead of actually _watching_ the State of
the Union address, so most people are hypnotized.

    If it's like the 2000 election, and all signs say it will be, it'll
be months of this stuff.  I'm gonna try not to get too stressed, but be
aware: Kerry's gonna claim victory, no matter what the outcome, and then
starts the parade of lawyers.  So...sorry, it won't be over anytime
soon.  :(

> I would think the people paying by bandwith would agree.

    Yeah, I'd think so.
Brian FahrlÃnder                  Christian, Conservative, and Technomad
Evansville, IN                                 http://www.fahrlander.net
ICQ 5119262
AIM: WheelDweller