Re: cant mount drive

Thornton wrote:
What you posted to me (and below) is what he is asking for. It looks
below like you were in /proc/ide/hdc when you did the cat command and
that does not work to create regular files.  You should have been in the
regular filesystem and not in the /proc filesystem.

You might try this.
1.  edit /etc/sysconfig/hwconf and delete the stanza related to the
cdrom
2.  edit /etc/fstab and delete the line for the cdrom.
3.  reboot and allow kudzu to recreate the entries for the cdrom in the
hwconf and fstab.
4.  Try the mount again.

I do not know if the fact the udf module is loaded already may interfere
with mounting an iso9660 disk, but on mine the only time the udf module
is loaded is when I insert a CD-RW disk.  This may be an issue here for
you.

I just tried that. kudzu found it, configured, same problem on boot up. This is really starting to look gloomy.

Thanks

try: # rpm -e autorun magicdev --nodeps reboot and retry... you could install these rpms again, if the problem still persists..

--
Harald Hoyer, Senior Software Engineer <harald@xxxxxxxxxx>
gpg fingerprint E930 20E6 CCF8 C76C 8582  CF9F B7B7 45C2 C557 5542