cant mount drive

I was trying to burn a cd this morning when I got this output error:

System
-----------------------
K3b Version:0.11.14
KDE Version: 3.2.2-8.FC2 Red Hat
QT Version: 3.3.3

cdrecord
-----------------------
scsidev: '/dev/hdc'
devname: '/dev/hdc'
scsibus: -2 target: -2 lun: -2
Error trying to open /dev/hdc exclusively ... retrying in 1 second.
Error trying to open /dev/hdc exclusively ... retrying in 1 second.
Error trying to open /dev/hdc exclusively ... retrying in 1 second.
Error trying to open /dev/hdc exclusively ... retrying in 1 second.
Error trying to open /dev/hdc exclusively ... retrying in 1 second.
Error trying to open /dev/hdc exclusively ... retrying in 1 second.
Error trying to open /dev/hdc exclusively ... retrying in 1 second.
Error trying to open /dev/hdc exclusively ... retrying in 1 second.
Error trying to open /dev/hdc exclusively ... retrying in 1 second.
Error trying to open /dev/hdc exclusively ... retrying in 1 second.
Cdrecord-Clone 2.01-dvd (i686-pc-linux-gnu) Copyright (C) 1995-2004
JÃrg Schilling
Note: This version is an unofficial (modified) version with DVD support
Note: and therefore may have bugs that are not present in the original.
Note: Please send bug reports or support requests to
http://bugzilla.redhat.com/bugzilla
Note: The author of cdrecord should not be bothered with problems in
this version.
TOC Type: 1 = CD-ROM
/usr/bin/cdrecord: Device or resource busy. Cannot open '/dev/hdc'.
Cannot open SCSI driver.
/usr/bin/cdrecord: For possible targets try 'cdrecord -scanbus'.
/usr/bin/cdrecord: For possible transport specifiers try 'cdrecord
dev=help'.

cdrecord comand:
-----------------------
/usr/bin/cdrecord -v gracetime=2 dev=/dev/hdc speed=52 -dao
driveropts=burnfree -eject -data /home/thornton/media2.iso

then I opened Konqueror, Devices and right click on the cd-rom it
gives me the option to mount it, if i try ti mount it though it gives me
this error:

mount: /dev/cdrom already mounted or /mnt/cdrom busy

If I just double click on the cd-rom it gives the same error..

What could be causing it to suddenly not be able to mount it.  I tried
to unmount and that gave me the same error as above, even tried
rebooting same thing, root gives me the same output as well.

Any help would be great!

Thank you