Re: cant mount drive

Thornton wrote:
Try "lsof | grep cdrom" and see which process has it open or is using
it as its current directory.  Then either kill the process or get it
to release the CD.

Nothing returns. I tried the command Zhang posted last night(mount -t
iso9660 -o noauto,owner,kudzu,ro /dev/cdrom /mnt/cdrom) and that worked
again to mount it but just right clicking on the cd rom through
Konqurror and selecting mount gives me the in use.

Is the system somehow have something added incorrectly on how it access
the cdrom? Which could explain why it cant mount and why the k3b cant
access the drive. My fstab seems to be correct though, it is /dev/cdrom
/mnt/cdrom udf,iso9660 noauto,owner,kudzu,ro 0 0

The system will automount the drive and Konqueror sees it as such. While konqueror won't allow you to mount it a second time, the command line will. You'll have it mounted on top of itself, however, and it will take two "umount /mnt/cdrom" commands to unmount it.

You can try to force an unmount by using "umount -f /mnt/cdrom", too.
- Rick Stevens, Senior Systems Engineer     rstevens@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxx -
-     Is that a buffer overflow or are you just happy to see me?     -