Re: text vs html posts on this list...

Charles Swarts wrote:
On Sat, 09 Oct 2004 12:23:06 -0700, Mike Noble <mgnoble@xxxxxxx> wrote:

If you look at the monthly mailing list stats (posted not too long
ago), you'll notice quite a few people still use text mode mail
readers. I think mutt is in the top 4. Personally I think it makes my
life easier to just deal with text. I don't care about fonts or
background colors or smileys or graphics. Just give me the facts.

The bottom line is that the culture here prefers plain text. If you are here asking for help, then you need to do every thing you can to fit in and make it more desirable to answer your question. If it causes people extra work, then they will skip it and move onto the next post in this high volume list.

Charles,

The quote above was not mine.  :-)

I fully agree with what you say, if I get a message that is a bunch
of html code (I display is plain text), it is not worth it to me
to dig around in html code to see what the person is actually asking.
I know a lot of people who have filters setup to actually trash the
html message without even seeing it.

Mike
--
Usenix member  http://www.usenix.org