Re: text vs html posts on this list...

Nifty Hat Mitch wrote:
HTML provides a number of risks and non features that we wish to avoid.

    HTML permits scripts (Java and Java scripts)
    HTML permits tag images
    HTML permits volatile external content references ...

All...thanks for your responses. I found the arguments about added cost in certain parts of the world due to increased connect times and larger file sizes to be compelling. But I have also come around to appreciate the other points as well. I remember being irritated at receiving html emails when I was an "elm" user in the mid 90's...and my initial response was that this should not be a problem in 2004; however, those who choose to use command line email readers (or even ascii terminals or teletypes) should be respected for making that choice. Hey, I remember using a teletype in the early 80's...they have certain redeeming qualities, like a hard copy of your session:-)

I'd like to get back to discussing Fedora now...see ya.

CD