Re: text vs html posts on this list...

Tim,

One has to respect the culture of any individual list. I've received enough responses to know that html posts are not very popular here and that's fine with me....so I'll send my posts in text.

That said, I have to confess that I am not entirely sold on all of the explanations of why html is bad. For one thing...this is a list about Linux....so one presumes most of the list members are *using* Linux; are there many viruses out there which will run on Linux? My last hard drive cost about US$0.60 per gigabyte...so I'm not sure the "large" size of html emails is a legitimate argument. The other argument was that folks with dialup connections will have lengthy downloads...it's not clear just how much longer it takes a typical html post to download on a 56k connection than on a broadband connection, probably not much longer. Also, apparently, not everyone uses email readers that support html...that may have been a problem back in the days when only pine or elm were around, but should this be a problem in 2004?

Regards,
CD

Timothy Payne wrote: > Most people were very nice and gave good explanations of why no html. > But don't be afraid to post. You will get some nasty answers > occasionally, why I don't know but then again you'll never forget the > answer :-) > > Tim...