Re: Display Problems

On Fri, 8 Oct 2004 16:02:52 -0400, Chris Clarke
<chrisjohn.clarke@xxxxxxxxx> wrote:
> Hi All,
>
>     I had TwinView working last night, finished up what I was doing
> and shut the computer down.  Today when I turned it back on TwinView
> is only partially working.  The computer boots and runs fine. When X
> starts you get a desktop on the monitor, and a second desktop on the
> TV, which is the same as last night.  However when I try to run
> something on the second display (mplayer usually) I get the error
> "Error: Can't open display: localhost:0.1"
>
>     Does anyone have any ideas?  How do I change permissions for a
> display?  There is a desktop with wallpaper and icons so I know it's
> almost working :(  Also any ideas how turning off the computer may
> have changed things?  Thanks for any help/advice I'm at a loss
> here....
>
> Chris

I think I've almost figured it out, if I boot with the initlevel set
to 3 and then startx from the command line everything works fine,
however when I boot with initlevel 5 I have the display problems.  So
obviously it's a service that only runs at init 5, is there an easy
way to figure this out?  The other thing I forgot to mention is that
I'm using the nvidia-glx.rpm from livna.org does this affect anything?
 Thanks for any pointers or help....

Chris