Re: aic7xx system hangs

On Sep 14, 2004, at 2:06 PM, C. Linus Hicks wrote:
My guess would be that it is trying to load the new aic7xxx driver
because Kudzu thinks it has found new hardware.

Have you modified your /etc/modprobe.conf from:

alias scsi_hostadapter aix7xxx

to:

alias scsi_hostadapter aix7xxx_old

That worked! Thank you. So now I have a system up and running. I just need to mount two hard drives (with various partitions) that existed when the machine was running Red Hat 9 and it should be where I want it to be.

Thanks,
Jeremy