aic7xx system hangs

I recently installed Fedora Core 2 on a Dell PowerEdge 2400 server that previously ran Red Hat 9. The installation appears to proceed normally. The problem is it never boots entirely. It hangs with the following as the last message (after removing quiet mode):

So I think this might be related to the SCSI adapter(s) I have in the machine. I have searched far and wide on this great world wide web of ours and have found many issues that seem related. I have even posted messages on this mailing list when I thought it was a different problem. I am starting a new thread with a (hopefully) clearer subject.

Many people said they had this error back in Red Hat 7 and again now. Many offer suggestion of including "acpi=force" when booting. This didn't work for me. I even tried FC3 Test 1 hoping that the issue would have been addressed, but that didn't work either.

Has anyone experienced this and have they found a workaround?

Thanks,
Jeremy Conlin