Re: aic7xx system hangs

On Sep 10, 2004, at 2:33 PM, C. Linus Hicks wrote:
Generally speaking, the kernel and driver versions in the installer are
the same as what gets installed, which you can imagine is a good test to
see if the system will actually run after the install is complete. So,
did you install from FC2 CDs? And can you boot the installer CD in
rescue mode and see your partitions on the hard drive created by the
installer?

Then while you are there, check out the version numbers of the kernel
and the aic7xxx driver.
--
C. Linus Hicks <lhicks@xxxxxxxxx>

I did install FC2 from the CDs. My latest installation was upgrading from RH9. I know my system will boot into RH9 so that is where I started. I can boot the installer CD into rescue mode, but don't know where to check the version numbers for the kernel and aic7xxx driver. What would I do when I find those numbers?

Thanks,
Jeremy