Re: usb 2.0 external hard drive stuck

zelcor wrote:

Fritz Whittington wrote:

The code is in the current 2.6.8 sources, but there is always the possibility that the test for Genesys is failing due to some minor changes in what the chipset reports. I would try hard-coding the limit at 120 (60 KB), and commenting out the test, just to see if that works.

It didn't work better.
I also tried to make the usb HD work on my laptop (same FC and kernel releases) and the copy of a 700 MB file succeeded in 75 seconds, without modifying the kernel.
Could the problem come from my motherboard with FC2 (south bridge is SiS 963L) ?

All I can say it won't be the first time I've seen problems with SiS chipsets and USB.

But then, I've also had plenty with VIA (USB & IDE problems).

As a general rule here (computer sales and repairs shop), we try to only do Intel now. We haven't had any problems ever with any of those boards.

Regards,
Ed.