Re: aic7xx system hangs

When you booted rescue mode, it would have asked you if you wanted to
search for an installed copy of FC2. Your message suggests it found your
install, and you should give the chroot command as it suggests:

chroot /mnt/sysimage

That gives you easy access to the files you will need. Sorry I forgot
about this piece, so with the chroot, you will be able to use paths as
if you had booted your system normally.

I saw that message, but didn't issue the chroot command. I will try it that way tomorrow.

Try that, and you should be able to do the mount.

Also note that you will see it loading the SCSI driver, and once you
have the shell prompt, try this:

dmesg | grep "SCSI HBA DRIVER"

and see what it says the driver revision is. The new one on the FC2
installer is 6.2.36.

Remember to exit the chroot environment before you reboot.
How do I do this?

Thanks again,
Jeremy