Re: aic7xx system hangs

Jeff Vian schrieb:
On Fri, 2004-09-10 at 17:49, Jeremy Conlin wrote:

If you have improper scsi termination this can occur. Newer drivers are
less fault tolerant (also known as more rule enforcing :-) ).

I have checked the termination. I have a CD-ROM, a tape drive and then the end is terminated. The other SCSI adapter is the SCSI backplane for the RAID device and it is attached correctly.

Jeremy

Could this be related to trying to boot from a scsi raid device?  I have
never used raid at home so I don't know.

no. I boot from a raid device without any problems.