RE: to newcomers: please try to solve the problem yourself before asking

--On Friday, September 10, 2004 8:51 PM -0600 Dana-Renee Lee <fedora-list@xxxxxxxxxxxxxx> wrote:

If I was a new comer to Fedora I would find this message VERY
OFFENDING!!!! This list exists because of new comers and old comers using
Fedora!!!

Did you read ESR's article? You might check out this part in particular:

<http://www.catb.org/~esr/faqs/smart-questions.html#not_losing>

Perhaps you're an expert on every topic on this list and have nothing else to do but answer every question posed here. I don't have that kind of wide-spread expertise nor the time, so I skim and answer the few questions that I see that seem new and interesting. Marius is simply providing concise instructions on how to make a newcomer's efforts most effective.